Pyrotek, a global leader in live special effects, is seeking an Engineering Manager to join our team at our Lititz office.
The Engineering Manager is business-minded, has a strong sense of what’s great and what comes next, and a mature understanding of what it means to go from vision to design to prototype to product. They are well-versed in manufacturing practices, with a keen perspective on maximizing safety, quality and reliability while minimizing cost and complexity.
This is a hands-on role. The right candidate will have a background in mechanical engineering, fabrication and project management experience. They are a passionate and proactive builder, a life-long experimenter, and are inspired by what can be brought to life.
- Lead the design, prototyping, development and fabrication of innovative special effects
- Lead the process of ensuring the Company’s new or emerging products and equipment meet or exceed industry safety, quality, performance and reliability standards
- To adhere and promote the Company’s Core Values in an effort to exceed our customer’s expectations every day
- Lead various teams or sub-teams engaged in the technical development of new, innovative products and equipment to enhance the Company’s ability to deliver world-class special effects
- Work hands-on to create, iterate and improve prototypes of special effects across all categories in relation to projects or components of projects in order
- Work with the senior management team and R&D working groups to define the vision, use cases, budget, design, operational parameters and specifications of the Company’s new product offerings
- Collaborate with Product Specialists to plan and execute product development projects
- Participate in the creation of R&D budgets and cost forecasts for emerging products and exploratory efforts
- Proactively establish realistic project scope and timelines
- Actively manage product development projects to ensure they remain on target to meet deadlines
- Proactively research and source materials, components and services relating to R&D projects in order to ensure that best-in-class cost structures are achieved
- A degree in a related Mechanical (preferable) and/or Electronic technology field
- Extensive hands-on prototyping and troubleshooting experience
- Experience in SolidWorks or CAD
- Experience managing multiple projects and tasks concurrently
- Experience in metalworking, woodworking and piping an asset
- Hands on understanding of electrical circuits, optics, properties of materials, software control protocols, thermodynamics
- Troubleshooting to prototype assembly of electro-mechanical systems
- Experience reading technical/mechanical drawings
- Capable of using electrical testing equipment to diagnose problems
- Reading and interpreting schematics and diagrams to help in troubleshooting and repair of electronic device
- Strong organizational abilities and advanced communication skills in support of your technical skills
- Oversee all aspects of projects
- Proven work experience as a team leader
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrate the ability to work well under pressure, be self-motivated and provide a positive work environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Valid passport, able to travel
- Prior experience within the concept or professional theme park/theater industry in a technical capacity (electrical, mechanical, special effects, lasers) preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
If you are an enthusiastic candidate with required qualifications who has a passion for live entertainment and thrives in a fast-paced and team environment, we want to hear from you. We offer an opportunity to work with great people on some of the world’s biggest and highest profile events.
Thank you for your interest. Please note only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Pyrotek is an equal opportunity employer. Should you require Accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, kindly notify us of your requirements in advance.
Please send your resume and a covering letter highlighting your skills and interest with the Job Reference “Engineering Manager” to: