Pyrotek, a global leader in live special effects, is seeking a Senior Project Manager/Designer to join our team (in any one of our locations).
Reporting to the Vice President, Client Experience, the Senior Project Manager/Designer is responsible for designing, planning and overseeing the implementation of special effects solutions for client projects. This is a hands-on role. The right candidate will have a background in the live entertainment industry, a good working knowledge of special effects design, superior communication skills and general familiarity with the principal equipment and tools required to effectively create impactful special effects packages for client events.
- To develop solutions, create plans and oversee the implementation by the project team of special effects into tours and one-off events from beginning through to the end, and lead the team to provide clients with an exceptional experience
- Advise and coordinate with clients and internal personnel in relation to show design and other creative matters in relation to the Company’s projects
- Manage and nurture the client relationships in a manner which supports the Company’s business objectives.
- To effectively manage a best in class project management process to increase efficiency and deliver the highest level of client satisfaction
- To plan, organize, monitor and control all aspects of a project and manage the project team to ensure that all projects are being completed within agreed time, cost and performance criteria.
- Develops, or ensures the development by the project team of, effective project plans
- Works collaboratively with clients and internal team to define all aspects of the project plan to deliver special effects:
- Overall project goals;
- Detailed step-by-step project plan (i.e. logistic management, production, workflow, equipment, etc.)
- Define key dates, milestones and estimated project completion date
- Assign project team
- Ensures that the project team defines project budgets and resources required to complete the project
- Ensures that the project team documents and distributes the project plan, updates and revises it when needed, and keeps all involved parties informed
- Oversees the effective management of projects and sets measurable project goals (KPIs)
- Collect and analyze project information (incl. progress to date, results achieved) to determine where the project stands and to predict the future status and progress
- Leads project teams to the completion of projects on time, within budget, business and technical requirements while meeting and exceeding customer expectation
- Defines KPIs and establish a process to measure project performance against its targets
- Ensures that there is regular communication with all project team members to share project status (i.e. status meetings, conference calls, etc.)
- Works together with the project team to proactively identify potential health and safety risk factors and evaluate multiple options to minimize them
- Seeks out ideas and solutions to eliminate any non-value added activities/steps, develops ways to improve the organization’s processes to better serve clients
- Incorporate proven best practices and new concepts/technologies to Pyrotek customer’s special effects requirements
- Meet with designers, engineers, and marketing professionals to learn about the product’s features and audiences, test new special effects to ensure optimal performance prior to full implementation
- Ensure continued focus on delivering quality and customized solutions to achieve exceptional client satisfaction
- Work collaboratively across the organization to achieve team and company goals
Pyrotek is an equal-opportunity employer. Should you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, kindly notify us of your requirements in advance.
If you are an enthusiastic candidate with required qualifications who thrives in a fast-paced and team environment, we want to hear from you. We offer an opportunity to work with great people and projects. Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Thank you for your interest. Please note only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.